SAPWU was specifically designed to work for our employees, to strive for equality of all our members, yearly salary increases, job security and so much more.
Becoming a member of SAPWU has never been easier. By completing a short registration form, you too can have the benefits you deserve as a South African Postal Office Worker or if you are in the courier industry. SAPWU offers all our members great benefits. Some of which include but are not limited to:
- Funeral Cover – SAPWU offers our members funeral cover of up to R10 000.00 in your time of need, SAPWU has got you covered. The beneficiaries will be their immediate families (member’s children and wife/s only)No other relatives shall benefit.
- Yearly Salary Increase – Salary review takes place annually, typically during the month of July and becomes effective on the 1st September of each year.
- Housing allowance – Permanently employed staff of SAPWU will qualify for a housing allowance which will be determent by the union.
- Bargaining on behalf of members – According to the Constitutional Documentation of SAPWU, we will bargain on behalf of our members. – 3.1.14 To perform other lawful acts as may appear to be in the interest of the Union and its members and oppose acts, which are not consistent with the objective of any other matter specifically provided for in this constitution.
- Job Security – To protect the job security of members, to advance their employment prospects and generally to do all things that will be in the interest of members in their individual and collective capabilities.
- Transport Allowance – Transport by means of public transport such as bus or taxi’s will be refunded by the South African Postal Service as an employer of the employee. Using own transport to attend meeting and so forth, will only be credited to the driver of the vehicle and not to the people who accompany the driver of the said vehicle.
These benefits are to name just a few. Become a member of SAPWU today and let them act on your behalf. With benefits reaching far beyond your ordinary unions and minimal monthly fees you can reap all the benefits as listed above and so much more. Choose SAPWU, the union that fights for your rights.